Do you want to make your room with slanted walls look extra elegant without getting annoyed? You can easily do that by considering a few things while furnishing your room. Firstly, to begin with, you will need to decide how you want to use your space. Simply ask yourself these questions, do I want to utilize the slanted walls for my benefit and create a unique storage space or just a sitting area? Do I want to keep things minimal and stick with a basic and traditional layout?
Once you have decided on the layout, begin the procedure by painting the slanted walls in a lighter shade of any color to make the room appear brighter. Then, you move on to choosing the right furniture that can seamlessly adapt to fit the angled walls.
In this ultimate guide, we will be sharing all the tips and tricks that can make decorating slanted walls easier. However, we will begin by explaining the basics first.
What Are Slanted Walls?
They are walls that are angled inwards from the ceiling. These walls tend to add extra personality or uniqueness to your room, and they also help you save some amount on the cost of angled wall decor. In addition, slanted walls can effortlessly assist in breaking up the space and adding interest to the overall design as they aren't the traditional walls that every house has.
Tips For Furnishing A Bedroom With Slanted Walls
If you have diagonal walls in your room, you might be wondering how you can decorate it. We have put together a few tips for you:
- Pick a focal point of the room and then hang a large piece of mirror or art above it.
- Begin by painting the walls using light colors. This helps in making the room appear brighter and bigger.
- Keep your furniture and accessories minimal to avoid establishing too much visual clutter.
- Adjust different rugs and other different kinds of artwork to add texture and color to the space.
- Do not hesitate to use asymmetrical designs as they can help you to create a different and unique look.
- Do not hesitate to experiment with different layouts until you find what works best for you.
Benefits Of Having A Slant Wall Make In A Room
The angled wall can easily change the shape of the entire space, this makes a huge impact on how your bedroom space appears. Slanted walls are a great way to make your room visually interesting and can make it feel spacious. In addition to this, there are more certain benefits you might want to consider if you are planning on decorating the angled wall room:
- Angled walls can be employed to create a focal point in the room.
- Slanted walls can assist you in creating an illusion of space in a small room. The reason they can create the illusion is that they can easily break up the traditional rectangular shape of the room while adding some curves.
- Diagonal walls can add dynamic to any basic room. If your room has all four walls straight (which is normal) this makes the room appear boring and static. But with slanted walls, there is more visual interest and movement.
Tricks To Make Slanted Room Unique
Make A Mini Gallery Wall
You do not have to feel intimidated by the diagonal bedroom walls. With a little sprinkle of creativity, you can use them for your benefit and create a mini gallery that enhances the visual of the room. Here are a few tips on how to hang pictures on slanted walls:
- You will have to begin by measuring the width of your wall, and then you have to decide on how many frames you want to hang. After that, you will have to pick different sizes, shapes, and colors to pull everything together in the room.
- The second step is to use tape to create a pattern on the wall. This is an amazing way of testing out various arrangements before you start hanging your frames.
- Lastly, once you have decided on the arrangement, it is now time to begin hanging your frames. Ensure that they are evenly apart, as this makes the wall appear more symmetrical and is also visually appealing.
Keep A Few Indoor PlantsIf you are in search of adding life to your bedroom with slanted walls, add a few houseplants. They will not only add a pop of color to your room but will also keep the air clean. While shopping for indoor plants, opt for ones that are low-maintenance and do not require a lot of sunlight. You can add a few plants that can be a good option including spider plants, philodendrons, and lastly snake plants.
Use Shelves For Slanted Wall Storage
Don't let slanted walls stop you from decorating your bedroom. You can effortlessly create a comfy and captivating space by using the right kind of shelves. This tactic will help you to balance the diagonal in the wall and can make the room appear more appealing.
- Start off by measuring the height of the diagonal wall and then measure the width of the wall.
- Now, purchase the shelves that match the measurements that you took.
- Lastly, mount these slanted wall shelves on the wall in a way that they are tilted inward at a slight angle. By doing so, you will balance out the slant in the walls and form a more even look.
Wallpapers are a great option for those who have slanted walls in their bedrooms. They can easily add a pop of pattern or color to the space making the diagonal walls less noticeable. However, when picking the wallpaper for slanted walls it is essential to look to select one with patterns or designs that will be appealing and will not make the room appear too busy. Also, choosing a light-colored wallpaper can help you brighten up the room.
When decorating a room with slanted walls, there are a couple of things that you have to keep in mind. Do not forget to make use of the natural sunlight that comes into your room. Position your dresser and bed under the window, and utilize light colors for the walls and furniture. A lot of interest can be added to the room by using wallpapers with designs or patterns. If you have any shelves then ensure to place them at such an angle that they fit the wall seamlessly. And lastly, do not forget to incorporate accessories to add a personalized touch to your space.